Build and maintain dynamic CMS driven websites, mobile sites and apps, web content, and web-based application interfaces for some of Australia's leading brands as well as DDSN's own software products. Mid weight to senior applicants expected.
We are a leading web design and development agency. In our fifteenth year of business, DDSN is one of the firms by which others are measured. We are AIMIA award winners, Eureka award winners, Omni award winners, Cannes Cyber Lions nominees, Telstra/AFR award finalists - a best of breed team.
Our base of operations is at the hub of the Internet industry in Australia (Chapel Street, South Yarra, Melbourne) and we selectively work with some of the most exciting large and small clients you can find on any list. We have a strongly process driven approach to web application design and development.
We are looking for someone to help us deliver the best websites and online resources in the country.
- A wide range of projects, both technical and creative
- Join a dynamic team of outstanding, passionate, creative individuals
- Funky Chapel Street location
This role involves building and maintaining dynamic websites, web content, and web-based applications for some of Australia's leading brands as well as DDSN's own software products. You will work within a well established, creative, and highly experienced team on a number of concurrent projects.
A large part of your work will involve working with DDSN's advanced content management system - cm3 Acora CMS (http://www.cm3cms.com/), as well as customising and building templates and modules for the CMS.
As part of that process you will build template layouts and interface screens according to designs and style guides presented by a graphic designer. (If you have design experience yourself, you may be involved in the design process, but design experience is not a requirement.) The ability to turn graphical mockups into a working website on your own is required. Experience developing website interfaces using pure CSS is a necessity.
You will deploy these websites onto IIS production servers using MS SQL Server and Postgres databases, vesion control systems, and DDSN's own CMS deployment tools.
You will support external clients in using content management systems, and assist with the preparation and publishing of both simple and more advanced website content.
You may also participate in the planning and design of projects, assisting the website producer to create system prototypes, wireframes, interface mockups, and documentation.
You will have the opportunity to work in different areas and to move in different directions over time at DDSN depending on your skills and interests. Opportunities exist in all areas of web development - design, technical, project management, usability, product development.
We're looking for someone with creative flair and the sort of unstoppable enthusiasm it takes to do the best work every time. Someone with a pedantic eye for detail and a dedicated customer focus.
DDSN works on a PC platform in the design and production environment. You will work primarily on ASP.Net projects, and some ASP Classic projects.
- Experience of websites you've built or maintained
- Experience with ASP.Net 4.0 (using C#) or similar technologies
- Solid HTML/CSS/dHTML authoring skills, including advanced "no tables" / pure CSS layout techniques
- Experience deploying websites using CMS products
- Adobe Photoshop / Image Ready proficiency
- Knowledge of cross platform standards compliance
- Understanding of W3C accessibility standards
- Understanding of usability in web interfaces
- Solid communication and time management skills
- Initiative (problem solving and research)
- Motivation to do the best work, every time
As additions to the required skills, any of the following skills will be well regarded:
- Advanced experience with known CMS products
- Graphic design skills
- Search engine optimisation and marketing skills
- Advanced ASP.Net development skills
- Database skills (SQL Server, Access, PostgreSQL, MySQL)
- Web server maintenance experience
- Flash & ActionScript
- Formal information architecture experience
- Content development or writing skills
$57,000 - $73,000 plus superannuation, depending on skills and experience.
Apply via the SEEK jobs site
Please note that DDSN does not consider applications submitted by recruitment agencies or any unsolicited approaches by recruitment agencies.